About Chase House
Chase House is a state-licensed Qualified Residential Treatment Program serving youth ages 12-18. TGTHR’s Chase House provides a safe, home-like atmosphere for youth who have been placed by the state due to family disruption. While at Chase House, youth receive help with their schooling, family coaching services, life-skills development, mental and physical wellness support, equine therapy, community integration, pro-social educational and recreational activities, and an array of individual and group activities. The goal is to prevent youth from aging out of the foster care system into youth homelessness.
Chase House Volunteer Duties
- Provide support to staff such as help with meals, light cleaning or organizing.
- Build rapport and healthy boundaries with clients.
- Demonstrate positive role model skills.
- Assist with homework and tutoring.
- Participate in activities with youth (board games, art, basketball, guitar, rec center, hikes, etc.).
Chase House Volunteer Requirements
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must pass an interview, background check, and fingerprinting process. ($40)
- Attend a 1 hour orientation and a 1 hour training on boundaries, trauma informed care and more.
- Must commit to a weekly shift either on weekday evenings from 5-7pm or 7-9pm, or on weekends from 12-2pm or 2-4pm.