Our in-person volunteer opportunities are currently on hold, but you can support the young people at TGTHR by donating a meal, donating needed items, or giving a monetary gift
These local businesses are amazing partners of TGTHR, and support the youth in our programs, so please consider supporting them during this time.
We have, along with the rest of the world, been carefully evaluating the ever-changing COVID-19 situation and have remained in rapid response mode to make adjustments to our organization. This unexpected pandemic has affected every aspect of our program participants' lives, and we are committed to keeping them safe and healthy.
- Reconfigured the way we operate our Street Outreach Program to prevent unnecessary contact with individuals, and follow CDC guidelines.
- Prepared isolation spaces in each of our programs.
- Continue to remain in communication with schools to provide support while young people are still at home to prevent displacement, abuse, and/or neglect.
- Supporting program participants with distance learning.
- Created a financial modeling plan to responsibly spend our dollars and ensure the longevity of TGTHR.
- Enacted hazard pay for our program staff who are on the front lines caring for our program participants during this time.
- Implemented contact tracing if any staff or program participants test positive for COVID-19.
- Hosted our 2 annual fundraising events virtually.
- Closed our administrative office and required all staff that can work from home to work from home.
- Now requiring all donation drop-offs be scheduled ahead of time to minimize the amount of visitors.
- Continue to practice the recommended health and safety protocols in programs.
Read Youth Stories
In 2020, Mia (she/her/hers) had been staying at Chase House for one-and-a-half years. When Mia first arrived at Chase House, she was incredibly hesitant to engage in case management and socialize with staff and other youth. She was shy and expressed anxiety in living at