This November, speak up and take action for Youth Homelessness awareness month
share the message
Increase awareness around this growing issue by posting on social media or sending an email to your network.
Learn more about youth homelessness and openly discuss it with your friends and family to bring awareness to the growing issue.
Provide a meal
Make or order a dinner for the youth living at TGTHR any night of the year that you choose.
organize a Holiday drive
Sponsor a youth’s holiday wishlist, collect winter gear, or make stockings for the youth at TGTHR.
host a house party
Host a gathering to educate others about youth homelessness and introduce them to the mission of TGTHR.
INCREASE YOUR IMPACT
Schedule a financial gift for CO Gives Day when your dollars will go further and have a larger impact with an incentive fund.
Every November, people across the country band together to increase awareness and support for youth experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness. Learn more about this growing issue and join the movement to end youth homelessness.
- Rise Comedy Club is hosting a 2-night improv event to benefit TGTHR. Info & Tickets.
- American Street Kid – A Feature Documentary: Follow filmmaker Michael Leoni on his journey with homeless teens in Los Angeles as they share their stories and illuminate the reality of an experience with homelessness as a young person. Watch the trailer and find ways to watch here.
- Former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper and Department of Local Affairs Executive Director Irv Halter declare November Homeless and Runaway Youth Awareness Month. Watch Here.
- Voices of Youth Count: Explore national research on youth homelessness and how timely events, including the COVID-19 pandemic, are impacting youth experiences.
- Missed Opportunities: Youth Homelessness in America.
- Do Something for Nothing: Seeing beneath the surface of homelessness, through the simple act of a haircut.